So I don’t think I’ve ever really set any New Year’s resolutions before. To be honest, I either didn’t want to set myself up for failure, thought the idea of “New year, new me” was so cliché, couldn’t decide on something good enough, or just completely forgot about it all together. But this year is a little different. I’ve learned so much about relationships (personal & professional), so much about blogging and really just overall life that I want to hold myself accountable.
Accountable for the things that I’ve said I needed to work on throughout 2017, that I didn’t always stick to. Accountable for things that I’ve said I wanted to do, but never did. Really just accountable for things that I know will benefit my life and those around me.
So while I’m sure I’ll think of some more New Year’s resolutions over the next couple of days, weeks and months, as life happens, I obviously won’t be adding them to this year’s list. That way I can truly commit the whole 365 days to these special New Year’s resolutions.
Here They Are:
- Spend More Time With My Family. While I’ve always lived in California, this might not always be possible as long as DeAndre is in the league. When we first graduated college, he signed with the Baltimore Ravens. I spent that whole summer with my family because we thought I would be moving across the country, to the East Coast at the end of summer. Long story short, DeAndre ended up coming back and signed with the Raiders, which was such a blessing since I could stay close to my family. I’m such a huge family person! But then he signed with the Patriots and moved across the country again. However, I had just started a job in Silicon Valley, (my first job post college), so moving was out of the question. That and we still had our apartment lease. But then he came back again about eight months later. And then signed with the Niners this past February. So again, I was able to stay by my family. But you just never know when you’ll get that call to move and now that I am blogging full-time, moving won’t be a problem like it was when D went to New England. So I REALLY want to devote more time to my family. A two-hour drive sounds so close, but with this Bay traffic it makes it so awful… But the truth is, I’d rather have a two-hour drive than a plane flight! So expect to see more of my family on my Instagram stories!
- Trust The Process. I have a VERY hard time going with the flow and not trying to be in control of things. But the truth is, with my career and D’s career, I’m slowly learning that I need to do just that. There are no guarantees in either of our professions and I need to just trust that things will work out the way they are supposed to. And this goes with anything in my life. Not just careers. This will REALLY help my sanity (haha!) and will allow me to live in the moment. Which leads me to my next resolution.
- Live In The Moment! Since I’ve started blogging, I’ve been blessed to do so any amazing things, but these past couple of months I’ve realized I haven’t been fully enjoying it! I felt the need to post whatever I’m doing, on social media immediately. But in reality, it doesn’t need to be right then and there! I can take the pictures, then put my phone away to enjoy whatever I’m doing, with the people around me. Then I’ll share once I leave. That way I can truly see and experience life through my eyes and not my camera lens.
- Stay Consistent On The Blog. Only recently have I started becoming more active on the blog. But I’ve learned that if I want to be a successful blogger, Instagram alone won’t cut it. Especially with all the dang changes they’ve been making! So I’d like to commit to three blog posts a week for now. And will hopefully move up to four-five soon after. But I have no excuse now, since I don’t have another full-time job! So hopefully you guys can help hold me accountable too! 😉
- Start My YouTube Channel. I’ve been talking about this lifestyle vlog since October (sorry!) and I really want to stay true to my word and do it. I’m not sure if it’s being scared of the unknown or fear of failure, but it’s time to just go for it and see what happens!
- Learn At Least One New Thing A Day. Since I became a full-time blogger, I’ve been doing tons of research on many different things, but not on a consistent basis. Some days I look up multiple things and other days I’ll just completely write it off since I did extra the day before. But I’m setting this New Year’s resolution because it’s SO important to keep growing your knowledge surrounding your craft!
- Sorry guys.. I have to do it. This one’s kind of cliché, but if I don’t write it down, I don’t think it will be as concrete as the rest. Soooo.. Workout On A Consistent Basis. I used to be really into fitness in college and kind of fell off with all of life’s crazy up’s and down’s, but I have picked it back up recently and would like to continue the momentum. While some weeks I go five-six times a week, others I only go two times a week just depending on my weekly activities. But I’m committing to a minimum of three times per week this year. And while that sounds small.. Again, I don’t want to set myself up for failure. So realistically I’m aiming for five times a week, but we’ll say three here.
So that’s my New Year’s resolutions list. I’m not sure if there’s a limit on how many you can have.. Or what is an effective number, but those are mine and I’m excited to get this plan in motion. You know what they say, if you write it down, you’re 42% more likely to achieve your goals… At least I think that’s how it goes 😉
Do you have any New Year’s Resolutions? I’d love to hear yours!
Also, with the New Year, I thought it would be fun to share a cool new product that I found that has literally changed my life!
I don’t know about you guys, but 9/10 times, I’m in heels if I’m at an event! whether it’s a wedding, a concert, a party etc, I’ll be wearing heels. So as I slip on a beautiful pair of pumps, there’s always a split second of worry if the event is being held outside. Will the event be on grass? Because you KNOW that if you’re wearing stilettos on the grass, it can be a MAJOR struggle!! Not only does it dirty your heels, you can get stuck and could very well fall too!! No one want’s that!! haha!
So I stumbled upon Grasswalkers!! They are flexible, clear strips that stick to your shoes and stop you from sinking into the grass!!! I’d never heard of them before and can’t believe I’d been going without them for so long!! You guys should definitely check them out if you love wearing heels like I do!!
Here’s to 2018 and Happy New Year!!! 🙂