Well.. As always, if you follow me on Instagram, you’ll get the latest life updates etc! So if you do, then you probably already know IT’S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! 🎈🎉🎁
The BIG 2-6!
Gosh… Where has the time gone?!!
It’s been one crazy, unexpected, exciting year!! Definitely one for the books!
Anddddd… It seems only right that my birthday actually falls on another VERY important holiday this year….
National Ice Cream Day!!!!
You guys know I’m a HUGEEEEE ice cream lover!!! So when Bed Bath & Beyond reached out to team up and celebrate this wonderful holiday on my birthday of all days, I jumped at the chance!
I immediately started poking around their website and saw TONS of ice cream products to create a masterpiece for this wonderful holiday!
And if you’re an ice cream lover like me… Which I hope you are… You’ll want to keep reading because I’m going to tell YOU how YOU can make your own ice cream AT HOME too!!!!
So Let’s Do This!!!!
Items/Ingredients you’ll need:
1 1/2 cups whole milk
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation Night Before:
1. Remove the inner metal bowl from outer sleeve and place it upright and completely dry in freezer for a minimum of 12 hours.
1. Whisk together the milk, sugar, salt, cream and vanilla until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Place mixed ingredients in the freezer until chilled to 40° F.
3. Remove metal bowl from freezer.
4. Remove ice cream mixture from freezer.
5. Pour 5 oz of ice cream mixture into the chilled Zoku® Ice Cream Maker.
4. Stir, scrape and add toppings into the metal bowl until you get to your desired texture.
And that’s it guys!!! It’s that easy!!!
You can have soft serve in 10 minutes, or hard ice cream in an additional 10-20 minutes, by placing it in the freezer again after you stir it.
And being that I have a little sister and two little nieces, I thought it would be fun to create something for them too! So I used the kiddie cones from Bed Bath & Beyond, along with some colorful cereal toppings and some fun diamond-shaped candies to create these cool looking treats!
So there you have it! Two fun ways to celebrate this wonderful holiday!!! Have a great rest of your weekend y’all!!
And if you haven’t already, be sure to check out my top picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!! You don’t want to miss it!!
Happy National Ice Cream Day!!!