Hello helloooo my beautiful friends!! 🤗🤗
This post is a little overdue, but being that the questions are still flooding in.. AND more so now than ever, I thought I’d sit down and fill y’all in on the last few months!
But if you follow along on my Instagram for the most part, you might already have a good idea!
☝🏽But then again… there are some things I just didn’t address because I was either traveling, moving, packing… or all of the above! lol 😜 We did that a lot this season! 😂
And unfortunately even when I do try to keep you all up to date, Instagram’s new algorithm doesn’t always let it happen that way! So if you’ve missed one of my posts here and there, or even one of my IG stories for that matter, you REALLY might be wondering why in the heck I was in one place at one time, then another a second later.. then another, then another and how and why I’m now somehow in LA! lol
And really quickly before we get into all that, if you are one of these people (who sometimes doesn’t see my posts/stories in your feeds), a way to ensure you do see them moving forward, is by going to my page, clicking on the 3 dots on the top right corner & clicking on those post/story notifications buttons!
But now that that’s out of the way, let’s get back to the update!
As mentioned, SO many of you guys sent me dm’s asking what’s going on and I’ve just been answering them privately as they came in, but I thought it might be good to come on here and share all of those answers publicly so there’s no more confusion moving forward!
So here are some of the questions I’ve gotten over the last few months and I’ll answer them in order below!
“Why are you moving to Philly?”
“Why are you leaving Philly?”
“Did you not like Philly?”
“Were you only in Philly temporarily?”
“Why are you in Texas now?”
“I thought you were just visiting Houston? You live there now?”
“Are you moving home?!” (meaning the Bay Area)
“Wait, you’re in LA now?”
“Why are you in LA?”
“How long are you in LA for?”
“Are you coming back to Texas?”
Those are just a few, but I figured they were the most asked about! SOOOOOOOO…
- We moved to Philly because DeAndre made the 53-man roster on the Philadelphia Eagles! I was SO dang PROUD! see here!
- We left Philly because DeAndre got released by the Eagles and claimed off waivers by the Houston Texans! … There’s A LOTTTTT that goes into this lol but just know it happened in a matter of hours! That’s the thing about football. Things can change in an INSTANT! .. And in this particular instant, (the one where he told me the Texans were signing him), the same sheer panic I’ve felt a few times before, came flooding back! I instantly starting crying right there in the bathroom at Tiffany & Co.! 😂 You see, I was in NY for a few hours, shooting with my photographer that I flew in from LA and next thing I knew, I was being told we were moving to a new state (that I had NEVER been to before!), that we had to cancel our lease, that I had to pack up our stuff .. and worst of all, that he was leaving THAT night and I wouldn’t be able to say goodbye! It was crazy! … But about 10 minutes later, after it all sank in (& I had food & water! 😂) I INSTANTLY became OVERJOYED with the idea of it!!!!! A new beginning where we got to head back closer to home (where the weather is warm again!) and where D got to have another shot to live out his dream!!!!… And somewhere that has MEXICAN FOOD again!!!! … It was EVERYTHING!!!! ☺️☺️ I was ready to leave THAT NIGHT!!! 😂😂 But lucky me, I was left with packing duty instead lol!
- Uhm… I want to approach this with kindness because someone once told me they hated California and I took it VERY personal! haha.. I have no clue why I did! haha! I just did! .. Maybe because I LOVE my state and I just couldn’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t like it here! lol! So in case you’re like me and get defensive about your city/state, please don’t take this personal… But it was just not the place for me… It’s a beautiful city, don’t get me wrong! Full of amazing history! But again, it just wasn’t for me…. So many of you reached out during that time though, checking in, sending words of encouragement, etc etc and I can’t say THANK YOU enough!!! … Apparently I wear my heart on my sleeve lol but I’m glad I did, because all of your sweet notes meant the world to me!
- No, we did not move to Philly with the idea of it being temporary lol! You don’t choose to be on a team temporarily. We were planning to be there for however long God blessed D with an opportunity there! 😊
- We were in Texas because as I mentioned above, D was picked up by the Texans! 😄 Again, SO SO freakin PROUD! And SO happy! … You can see here just how happy I was! lol I love Texas! #Texasforever! 😂
- I was initially going to Houston just to visit on a media trip! I had the trip planned 2 weeks BEFORE D even found out that it would be his new city! And once he found out, it happened to be the SAME week as my trip, so I actually moved there during my “visit”! lol! It was so fun getting to experience my new city with the Visit Houston team! 😊 God works in mysterious ways! ♥️ Especially since D and I were supposed to be in two different cities on our anniversary! But we ended up getting to spend it together after all and in our new home in Houston! 😃
- No, we’re not moving back home to the Bay! We were just visiting our families for the first part of the offseason!
- Yes we’re in the LA area now! 🎉🎉🎉.. My FAVORITE place to be in the world!!! We’re here because D trains out here and it’s a great place for me to network and create content for my blog!
- We’re in LA for two & a half months! 🎊🎊
- Yes, we are going back to Texas!
Woah! That was a lot longer than I planned lol, but there you have it! A few answers to your guys’ questions and hopefully now we’re all up to speed!
And again, if you haven’t been keeping up with my Insta, you’ll definitely want to in these next couple of weeks! There’s always something fun going on here in LA and were heading to the DR in just a few weeks!!!!! So stay tuned!