So I was scrolling on insta the other day and clicking through my stories… and what do I see?! Ghirardelli posted a recipe for their Ghirardelli Grand Chocolate Chip Banana Loaves, which can be found here and I thought.. hmm.. I have a few EXTREMELY ripe bananas that I could use for this!
But I quickly found out that I didn’t have a loaf pan and as I was reading through some of the instructions, I decided to tweak a few measurements, so thats when I came up with these chocolate chip banana muffins!!!! And as you guys read from the title of this post, they are TRULY the BEST chocolate chip banana muffins you’ll ever try!!!!
I kid you not, SO moist, so chocolatey and just the right amount of banana!!! And for some reason, they’re even better today!!! (For those of you who missed it yesterday, I made these chocolate chip banana muffins and shared them over on my Insta stories)! And SO many of you guys asked for the recipe, so I wanted to get this up on here for y’all ASAP!!
Oh! And if you’re looking for more things to bake in the days to follow, make sure to check out my Sock It To Me Cake recipe here! And of course as I bake and discover new recipes I like, I’ll be sure to share them with you all on here!
Have a wonderful Tuesday and enjoy the best chocolate chip banana muffins you’ll ever have!!!
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Recipe
8 oz – cream cheese
3/4 cup – softened butter
3/4 cup – granulated sugar
2 – large eggs
1 cup – brown sugar (packed)
1 tsp – vanilla extract
3 cups – flour
3/4 tsp – salt (Just below the top of the measuring spoon! Not exactly a full 3/4 tsp – didn’t want too much salt)
1/2 tsp – baking soda
1/2 tsp – baking powder
2 cups – mashed bananas (I only had 3 VERY ripe bananas, so I used those + 1 reg banana)
12 oz bag – Ghirardelli Grand Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
*PAM Cooking Spray for tray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat cream cheese and butter in mixer, until creamy. Then gradually pour in granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy!
3. Add in eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
4. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. And slowly pour it into the butter mixture on low speed.
5. Remove mixing bowl from mixer and stir in 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips, followed by the 2 cups of mashed bananas.
6. Spray muffin pan with PAM (optional) – I just do this as an extra precaution so they don’t stick!
7. Put baking cups in the muffin pan and pour batter in them.
8. Place 4-6 chocolate chips on top of the batter for extra chocolatey goodness!
9. Place in oven for roughly 26 minutes (I used a 12 cup pan, but you can use the mini’s or the 6 cup jumbo I linked above! Just adjust time accordingly!)
10. Take them out of the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
I hope y’all enjoy this chocolate chip banana muffin recipe as much as I have!! And please let me know your thoughts if you try it!!!